Day 1. Arrival
An optional transfer from airport to your Reykjavík accommodation in a Wi-Fi connected bus. Spend rest of your day exploring capital of Iceland on your own.
Dinner is on your own. Reykjavik offers a multitude of restaurants and/or coffee-houses, making dinner a great way to get better acquainted with Iceland's capital.
Tonight, there will be an information meeting at your hotel. You will meet your guide and travel companions and learn more about the tour.
Please note guaranteed early check-in is not included in the price. Most hotels begin check-in around 14:00 (2:00pm).
Overnight in Reykjavík
Day 2. The Golden Circle - Skógar - Dyrhólaey Nature Reserve - Vík Town
Your guided tour starts in the capital, before heading for some of Iceland's most famous attractions. This action-packed day includes:
• A short sightseeing tour of Reykjavík
• The greenhouse village of Hveragerđi
– the magnificent waterfall that is a must-see for any visitor
– home of hot springs, bubbling pools and geysers, including Strokkur which explodes into the air every few minutes
• Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss
– two classic waterfalls
– a peaceful seaside village set in beautiful surroundings
• Dinner and an overnight stay in the Vík area.
• Approximate Distance: 325 km / 201 miles
Day 3. Vatnajokull National Park - Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon - Höfn Town
Your guided tour of Iceland continues with a journey through the attractions of South Iceland. As you drive through the breath-taking landscape the magnificent Vatnajökull glacier will provide incredible views. The day's many highlights include:
• Katla Volcano
– a vast field of lava
• Skaftafell National Park
– an area of great beauty and variety
glacial lagoon – one of Iceland's most famous treasures, where giant icebergs float in the freezing blue waters
• The Diamond Beach
, where shrinking icebergs settle on the black sands before they drift out to sea.
• Dinner and an overnight stay in the Höfn
, a fishing port in the shadow of Vatnajokull glacier.
• Approximate Distance: 285 km / 177 miles
Day 4. Höfn - East Fjords - Egilsstađir
A day that takes you into East Iceland, through an ever changing landscape – including:
• The Almannaskarđ pass
– leading you from Höfn past incredible coastline views
• The East Fjords
– watch the landscape change with dramatic slopes and cliffs
- with history and charm
• A visit the local Beljandi Microbrewery
in the village of Breiđdalsvík and sample some of the beer
• Egilsstađir town
- located near Iceland's largest forest and a lake said to be home to a legendary monster
• Dinner and an overnight stay in the Egilsstađir
• Approximate Distance: 260 km / 162 miles
Day 5. Lake Mývatn Area
The Lake Mývatn area is rich in natural beauty and birdlife – there is so much to explore here, as your Icelandic adventure continues. Along the way you will experience:
– a highland desert plateau
– famous as the most powerful waterfall in Europe
• Námaskarđ pass
– a memorable sight with its colourful scenery and bubbling mud pools
• the Lake Mývatn area
– one of Iceland's best loved natural attractions, the Skútustađir pseudo craters
and a rich and diverse birdlife
• Dinner and an overnight stay in the Mývatn area.
• Approximate Distance: 255 km / 158 miles
Day 6. Lake Mývatn Area - Akureyri City - Siglufjordur
On this stage of your Icelandic guided holiday, you head across the North, to Iceland's second biggest city. The day includes:
• a visit to the lovely Gođafoss
• a stop at Laufás
– an old turf farm, to give you a taste of Iceland's past
– known as 'the capital of the North', the town is rich in cultural and social life, including many shops, restaurants and museums
• Trollaskagi Peninsula
– an enjoyable and friendly town for an evening stroll. The town has some of the finest timber buildings in the country that have been beautifully restored.
• Dinner and overnight stay in Siglufjordur.
• Approximate Distance: 220 km / 137 miles
Day 7. Skagafjörđur Fjord - Borgarnes Town
You continue your journey across the North of Iceland, with lots to see and do. In addition to dramatic mountain scenery, you'll experience:
• Herring-Era Museum in Siglufjordur
– where you can learn about the special characteristics of the Icelandic horse
– a village by the salmon river Blanda
– the plateau that leads you across Borgarfjörđur
• Grabrok Crater
- a picturesque coastal town
• Dinner and an overnight stay in the Borgarnes area
• Approximate Distance: 310 km / 193 miles
Day 8. Borgarfjörđur Fjord - Ţingvellir National Park - Reykjavík
The last day of your guided tour around Iceland includes hot springs, waterfalls, stunning fjords, and one of Iceland's most iconic areas of interest: Ţingvellir National park. The day includes:
– a hot spring known as the most powerful in the world.
waterfalls and Barnafoss
• A drive through Hvalfjörđur
• Ţingvellir National Park
– a site of incredible geological and cultural interest, as the home of the world's first parliament and one of Iceland's biggest lakes, Lake Ţingvallavatn
• Overnight stay in Reykjavík. Dinner is on your own.
• Approximate Distance: 205 km / 130 miles
Day 9. Departure
Please note that the breakfast might be a light breakfast if you are taking an early morning departure flight.
Transfer on your own to the international airport for your departure flight. The airport transfer is not included, but we are happy to help you arrange shared or private transfers.
We recommend you depart your hotel no later than three hours before your departure
The price depends on your selection.